Changing your status message
The status message is a way to let know to all your WhatsApp contacts, what is your status and what you are doing at that moment and like that they can contact you or not, wherever is sending you a message, sending a voice message or make a WhatsApp call to you.
You can change your status message as many times as you wish to, and you can choose between a default statuses, modify it or create your own.
If you wish to update your status message, it is easy, just follow the next steps:
1. Go to the WhatsApp application and open it by tapping on it
2. Once you have opened WhatsApp app, you will see some menu tabs at the bottom, go to “settings” tab that it is located at the bottom right of the app, and tap on it
3. Once you are on the settings window, you will see multiple commands option, go to the profile section, located at the top, where your current username is and tap on it
4. When you tap on your profile, a window for you to edit your profile will appear, go to the “ Status ” section, which is located in the middle of the “ Edit Profile ” window, under the “use your Facebook info”, there you will see the current status, tap on it
4.1. Once you tap on the status option, you will see multiple status options, if you want to create your own status, just follow the next steps:
- Go to the “ your current status is ” option, that is located at the top of the status window and tap on it
- Once you go to your current status and tap on it, a window for you to edit and write your new status will appear, tap on the status to erase the current status and write a new one and like that edit your status. Remember you can only write 139 characters long for your status
- Once you are done writing your new status go to the “ Save ” button that is located at the upper right corner and tap on it
4.2. Once you tap on the status option, you will see multiple status options, if you want to choose one of the predetermined status, just follow the next steps:
- Go to the “ Select your new status ” section, that is located under “your current status is section” and search for the status that you want
- Once you have found the status you were looking for, hover over the status name and tap on it.
4.3. If you want to edit one of the status that are on the list just follow the next steps:
- Go to the “ Edit ” option, which is located at the upper right corner and tap on it
- Once you have tapped on the “ Edit ” button, all the status will enter on the edit mode, tap on the status to edit text or tap on the minus next to the name to delete it
- When you are done editing or deleting the status that you want, go to the “ Done ” button, that is located at the upper left corner and tap on it