Netgear router login
The Netgear router always comes with the factory default settings the first time it is purchased. It is always advisable to change your default password to enhance the security of your Netgear Router.
Procedure for logging into the Netgear router
There are simple steps that you can follow when trying to change your admin passphrase or other settings of your router.
- Type in the link http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 on the address bar of your web browser. It will depend on the IP Address used by your Netgear router.
- A login window will appear which prompts you to enter the username and password. The default username is always typed in as ‘admin’ while the initial passphrase is ‘password.’
- Once the home page appears, you can select the advanced option, proceed to the Administration panel and then set a password.
- Start by typing in the old password which is the default before typing in a new password. You will be required to confirm the new password by typing it for the second time.
- Enable the password recovery to allow you access when you forget your password in future. You can then click on the ‘apply button’ for your settings to be saved.
How can I find my router’s IP Address?
There may arise issues where you do not remember the IP Address of your Netgear router. It is common as most people may purchase a second-hand router or receive it as a gift. There are simple procedures you can follow in finding your router’s IP Address
- Open the web browser on a wireless device or your computer which is connected to the network of your router.
- Type in the link http://routerlogin.net on the address bar of your web browser.
- A login window will appear which requires you to type in the username and password. You can use the default credentials as ‘admin’ and ‘password’ respectively. Ensure that you do type in capital letters as it may lead to problems of entry during the login process.
- Select the advanced option which will allow you to find the IP Address of your router under the Router information.
There are instances where you find it difficult accessing your Netgear router. There are procedures that you can go to resolve these problems.
- You should first connect your router to a computer using an Ethernet cable and affirm that they are all secured in their LAN ports.
- Troubleshoot the status of the light if you do not see any light on the internet LED.
- The views of the ports should also be on, and if they aren’t, you should switch the cable to another port.
In case the login information is not going through, always check to ensure that you have not altered the admin password. Always perform a factory data reset in situations where you cannot recall the new password.
The reset will restore the default settings to the router which gives you the first credentials. Netgear routers have been popular among most users and offer an adequate performance in the connections.